5.04.2014

EYYYYY! Look who's back and…sort of rolling around.

So yeah, the lovely oxboxer started this call out to people on tumblr to create their own pokémon champion and it ended up being a pretty cool thing with all sort of designs that other artists came up with.

Since there's usually two sets of drawings for this (one being the passive and the other being the action), I finished up the sketches of both until my computer decided to quit on me. Sooo, after a bit, haha, I managed to finish up the first one while the second one still has to come along in a bit.


So yeah, Aegislash + knight + Wikstrom = CHAMPION RIKA, CAPTAIN OF THE ROYAL GUARD (which is kinda pointless since there’s no king or anything). Also as CHAMPION she is obligated to be a jerk and force challengers to go on quests before being able to face her in battle.
(Don’t worry--she says to get the Holy Helix Fossil, but any shiny rock will do.)
But yeah, I really like armor and Aegislash is so freakin' awesome so this popped up. Sketched a bunch of designs until I settled with the idea of European medieval armor compared to my initial decisions on samurai armor. Thought it would fit Aegislash a bit better on the former.



I also didn't want my self-insert to look like a gijinka (a humanized form to a not-so-humanized creature) so I thought that besides the era and color scheme, I would try not to follow too much on Aegislash's design to allow the usual Poké Champion individuality. As for the pose, I kind of wanted to make CHAMPION RIKA the sort of cliché cool chick that's always prepared to defend honor (with pointy sticks) and be really dramatic with her cape (which you'll see in part two). 

Not sure how well I succeeded overall, but I'm happy with the end result regardless. 

(I considered using the Shiny Aegislash color scheme, but considering my Champion's role in serving nonexistent royalty, I thought the purple and gold would fit better than the more malevolent black, red, and gold combo.) 

So yeah, gotta work on the second action thing. MEANWHILE, CHECK OUT OTHER AWESOME PEOPLE WITH THEIR CHAMPIONSONAS. (And you should totally try it out, too; the more the merrier.)

No comments:

Post a Comment