6.14.2013

S'bit of a lull for tonight!

Phew, a bit tired from work/volunteering, so here's just a small thing this time.



Maybe you've noticed or not, but several symbols repeat in my senior theme. The most obvious and common one are these two. The diamond shaped one is the King's insignia, though the shape of the crest belongs more to the General since the General's spells take that form. The other is a familiar one to some. It's commonly seen as a Celtic triad and, in this story, it is a symbol of the connection the three Primordials have with each other. So, yeah, the way these symbols are portrayed in each illustration signifies who is involved with that arc and how he/she/they is/are affecting it.



Above are some examples where exactly the symbols pop up in some that I've already posted and others that will be coming along in a couple of days.

Artistically-wise, I'm not too great on logo design for anything. I did have the original intent to make the triad symbol look more tribal and organic with smooth curves while the Neoteric one would be sharp edges and precise control. Honestly, I'm not so happy with the design, but I'm glad that they came out with the intent I wanted to have from the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment