9.18.2015

Last of the experiments for now!

More coloring experiments again! 


These two are from another story I've been working on and this time I wanted to try out this technique with its minimal color shading/blocking as well as that interesting white border line that very cleverly holds the entire artwork together in one shape. 

I didn't quite make it the same way, as you can see: the "white" border line should have been thicker/more obvious and the color blocks aren't as simplified or as soft-edged like they are in the original illustration. This attempt sort of ended up looking like paper-cut instead...? 

Haha, still, I had fun trying to figure out how to color block. Despite the strange result that's not quite like the original drawing, I think that if I try again I will probably get better.

The next two were made for fun:


Oh man, oh man! I always loved going nuts with detail and costume design and I had a wild time with this one. For some reason, I wanted to create a color scheme off the weirwood heart tree in Winterfell from Game of Thrones. The author's description of the white wood and the leaves that looked like bloody hands stuck around my head for a long while so I decided to draw something off those details. 


Hmm...I don't have much to say for this one besides enjoying how it came out enough to post it up here.


No comments:

Post a Comment